Standard Terms and Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context clearly indicates to the contrary, the following words and expressions shall bear the meaning hereinafter assigned to them:
“The Company” shall mean Rennies Travel (Pty) Ltd, and/or anyone acting for or on behalf of the Company, provided such person has been duly authorised and is acting within his or her scope of duty.
“The Client” shall mean the person who uses the https://www.renniestravelexperience.com/ services of the Company including, but is not limited to, a person who applies for his own use or benefit or on behalf of any other person.
“The Conditions” shall mean these terms and conditions and those of the Company, where applicable.
“Confidential Information” means all information of a private or confidential nature not in the public domain, including, but not limited to, an individual’s personal information as defined in POPI.
“Data Management Services” means the storage, filing and updating facilities and/or services that may be rendered to the Client, pursuant to the Client’s request, including the management of the Client’s or Traveller’s Personal information, Client trading data, and any other confidential information on the Company’s databases, inclusive of any ancillary or incidental services as contemplated herein.
“Loyalty Programme” means all third-party rewards or benefit programmes in respect of which a Client or Traveller receives or ought to receive rewards or benefits of whatsoever nature as a result of utilising the services or products of such third party.
“The Traveller” shall mean any person (whether or not such person is the Client who utilises or obtains any benefit from the Services of the Company). The Traveller shall include a potential Traveller.
“The Travel Booker” shall mean any other party who has made or secured any travel bookings or arrangements for the Client and/or Traveller.
“The Services” shall mean the services of Rennies Travel Experiences through which a Traveller may request and book any travel or other service, product, or matter incidental thereto of whatsoever nature to or for the “Client or the Traveller”. The aforesaid shall be used interchangeably and shall include, inter alia, but not be limited to the booking of reservations for accommodation, transport, or the like (whether by air, sea, land or otherwise), other service or facility.
“Online” means the internet-based website that provides access to the Supplier inventory through the Rennies Travel Experiences online booking site.
“Peripheral Requirements / Services” shall mean, inter alia, obtaining or meeting the requirements for passports, visas, health documents, insurance, foreign exchange, Reserve, and other bank approvals, use of credit cards, customs and immigration regulations as well as other peripheral requirements or services requested by the Client and/or Traveller.
“The Supplier” shall mean the provider of air travel, accommodation, transport, tour operators, car hire, and all other relevant services or products available through the Rennestravel.com webpage.
- It is the Client and/or Traveller’s responsibility to familiarise himself/herself with all the terms and conditions contained herein and to familiarise himself/herself with all the terms and conditions of the chosen services offered by the various Suppliers on Rennies Travel Experiences.
- The Client and/or Traveller acknowledges that every service as chosen on Rennies Travel Experiences may be supplied through a different Supplier and that each Supplier has its own standard terms and conditions and that it is the responsibility of the Client/Traveller to familiarise himself/herself with all the terms and conditions of the specific Suppliers before confirming any Booking.
- The Company may refer to itself as an “agent” from time-to-time but is not an agent for any third party/ices.
- These terms and conditions will govern all future dealings between the Parties and may be amended from time to time.
- Bookings on Rennies Travel Experiences
- All prices provided through Rennies Travel Experiences are subject to availability of the product or service from the Supplier when the booking is made by the Client. The Prices cannot be guaranteed due to demand and price fluctuations and/or currency fluctuations and/or seasonal changes and will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment in full as contemplated in clause 11 hereunder.
- Authority & Standard Terms and Conditions
- Any person using Rennies Travel Experiences is deemed to have read and accepted the Conditions and to have the authority to do so on behalf of the Traveller.
- Any person using Rennies Travel Experiences is deemed to have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions of any Supplier as per the chosen service and to have the authority to do so on behalf of the Traveller.
- The Company as an intermediary
- The Company only acts as an intermediary through the use of the Rennies Travel Experiences webpage between the Client and the Suppliers.
- No Booking shall be deemed to be confirmed until such time as payment in full has been received by the relevant Supplier and/or the Company, as the case may be.
- The Suppliers may be acquitted from responsibility in that they act as agent themselves or have contracted out of liability, as may the ultimate Principals such as hotels, car hire, transfers, insurance and coach operators and other Suppliers that might be contracted from time to time. It is therefore recommended that appropriate insurance be taken out by all Travellers and that Travellers acquaint themselves with the terms of such insurance, particularly the exclusions and consider the adequacy of such insurance relative to their needs.
- The Company takes no liability in the event that a Traveller is not sufficiently (or not at all) covered.
- The Company does not accept liability to the Traveller for any actions, errors or omissions of the Suppliers and/or their agents, which may be prejudicial to the Client or result in loss in any way or form whatsoever, including injury, illness, harm, trauma, death and/or loss of or damages of whatsoever nature or kind and the Client indemnifies the Company accordingly.
- Any right of recourse the Client may have, will be solely against the Suppliers.
- It shall be the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the Bookings are correct before confirming and making payment of same.
- Limitation of liability
- Neither the Company nor any related company or representative shall be liable for any injury, illness, harm, trauma, death to the Client or any other passenger and/or loss of or damage howsoever caused (such as, but not limited to, acts of nature, terrorism, strikes etc.) and the Client indemnifies the Company accordingly. The Company, its directors, employees and agents shall furthermore not be liable for any indirect and/or consequential loss or damages whatsoever even though this may be as a result of negligence on the part of the Company’s employee(s).
- Due to the fact that the Company is only acting as an intermediary and as an agent of the Client/Traveller, all risk inherent in utilising the services of the Principal/Supplier, including, but not limited to, the liquidation of such Principal/Supplier or the ramifications of such Suppliers not being registered with an appropriate international governing body requiring the maintenance of certain standards and/or safety regulations, shall remain with the Client/Traveller.
- All amounts paid to the Company in respect of the Services shall be deemed not to be held in Trust by the Company, and accordingly, any amounts paid over to third party Principals/Suppliers, are paid over on the Client’s behalf pursuant to an implied instruction from the Client when confirming a Booking and effecting payment of a Supplier/Principal’s usual fees or charges or deposits.
- The Company will not be liable for the failures of any Services rendered by any Suppliers to a Traveller as chosen through Rennies Travel Experiences and the Client indemnifies the Company in terms hereof.
- In the event of there being an unscheduled extension to the booking caused by flight delays, acts of nature, strikes, terrorism or any other cause that is beyond the control of the Company, expenses relating to these unscheduled extensions (hotel accommodation, etc.) will be for the Client’s account.
- In the event of there being any increase in any of the foregoing costs prior to the issuing of the documents, such variation shall be for the Client’s account and payable on request by the Company, as shall any increase in the price(s) quoted arising from the fluctuation in rates of exchange, availability and seasonal changes and increases.
- Leisure travel documents will not be issued until such time that full payment is cleared by the Company’s and/or Supplier’s bankers. The onus will be on the Client to check that there have been no changes in the price prior to making full and final payment. Airfares are subject to the fare and fare rule conditions quoted by the airlines and cannot be guaranteed by the Company before payment.
- Reconfirming flights / tickets
- The Company recommends that Travellers reconfirm each flight, even if the airline says that it is not required. Where online seat allocation and check-in exists, the online process will replace all other arrangements. It is the Client/Traveller’s responsibility to check that pre-seating has been done correctly and that the Traveller is in possession of his required boarding passes if these services are requested by the Client.
- Airline default / involuntary schedule changes
- The Company takes no responsibility in the event of an airline’s or Principal/Supplier’s default or cessation of service on a ticketed route or schedule change. Travel insurance that covers airline default is highly recommended. Travellers are advised to acquaint themselves with the terms of such insurance, particularly the exclusions, and to consider the adequacy of such insurance relative to their needs.
- Prices and Bookings are not guaranteed until tickets have been paid for in full and issued, and are subject to change at any time prior thereto.
- Final payment for any booking must be made upon confirmation of the booking.
- Payment by credit card: When paying by credit card, the Client shall be required to present the credit card used for the booking to each Supplier and at their request at the time of utilising the booking and the credit card should be in the name of the Traveller.
- Accepted forms of payment:
- All major debit and/or credit cards, if accompanied by satisfactory identification.
- The Company reserves the right to investigate, check and validate any form of payment presented for reservations made on the website or through support consultants, and based on information provided by their agents, reject, cancel or change reservations without further consultation with no obligation of providing reasons for doing so. The Company will not be liable for the information provided by third parties with regards to payment validation.
- Direct deposit – cash only (deposit slips must be faxed or e-mailed to the Company) and will be verified before release of travel documentation or confirmation.
- Electronic funds transfer (proof of payment must be e-mailed to the Company) and will be verified before the release of travel documentation or confirmation.
- The Company and/or Suppliers do not accept payments made by cheques.
- The travel documentation will only be sent to the email address as provided once Bookings have been paid for in full, but if information has been provided prior to finalisation or full payment, it is for information purposes only and cannot be interpreted as confirmation.
- The Company strongly recommends that travel insurance be purchased for the duration of the Client’s journey. Insurance can only be purchased prior to departure. The Company urges the Client to take out additional insurance cover over and above the phase one insurance offered free as standard for international travel by the various credit card companies. The Client must check the specific details of the complimentary cover with his/her respective credit card company directly.
- The risk of a failure to obtain adequate insurance cover shall be solely on the Client/Traveller and the Company shall not be liable for any loss, harm, damage, and costs of whatsoever nature and howsoever incurred in connection with the Client/Traveller’s travel arrangements. Accordingly all queries must be addressed to the Client and/or the Traveller’s principal insurer, as the Company shall in no way be held responsible for any and/or all information advanced by any of its staff or representatives in this regard.
- Should the insurers dispute their liability for any reason, the Client will have recourse against the insurers only and the Company will not be under any responsibility or liability whatsoever in relation thereto.
- Peripheral requirements
- The Client may book any Peripheral Requirements or Services, provided however, that the Company shall not be held liable for ensuring that these Peripheral Requirements and Services are provided correctly or timeously or at all, nor ensure the accuracy of any information or any lack of information relating to such Peripheral Requirements and/or Services. The Company does not determine the cost of some of these services but will charge specific service fees for these Peripheral Services and any assistance is accordingly rendered at the Client’s/Traveller’s sole risk.
- Traveller’s Details and Documents
- Verification of Traveller’s full names and travel details: It is important that the Client provides the Traveller’s full names as per the passenger/s travel documents (South African ID or passport). Failure to do so could result in the Traveller being denied boarding or face deportation due to name mismatch information. The Client must ensure that all the travel arrangements, itinerary details and documents are correct on receipt thereof. Once documents have been issued, name changes are not permitted to airline tickets and any change thereto will require that the ticket/s is submitted for a refund and a new ticket is issued. Any financial penalties imposed by the service provider(s) as a result of name changes will be payable by the Client.
- Other documents: Other documents that may be required for the Client’s journey are the Client’s identity document/passport, an international driver’s license, visas, insurance, unabridged birth certificates if minor children are travelling, inoculation certificates and hotel, car and tour vouchers. The Client is to ensure that he/she checks all of these documents at the time of issue where applicable, prior to the Client’s departure.
- Passports, visas & health:
- The Client is responsible for obtaining any necessary visas and travel permits for all countries that the Client will be travelling to or transiting through, and for informing him/herself as to which countries/areas within countries require visas and/or special permits. Visa and entry requirements may vary depending on the Client’s nationality, the length of stay, and the purpose of the visit, among other factors. Visa information and visas can be obtained by contacting the Consulate or Embassy of the countries involved or from a visa service company. It is required that the Client establishes what the required criteria is for the obtaining of a visa, and ensures that the Client adheres to the requirements set out by the Embassies, Consulates or their representatives.
- It is entirely the Client’s duty to ensure that all passports and visas are current, valid, obtained on time and that the Client’s passport will be valid for 6 (six) months to 1 (one) year after the Client’s return to his/her home country and contains sufficient blank pages (for visa issuance) and that any vaccinations, inoculations, prophylactics (e.g. for malaria) and the like, where required, have been obtained.
- Travellers are advised that all children (under the age of 18 years) travelling to and from the Republic of South Africa require an unabridged birth certificate at all times and should the child be travelling alone or only with one parent, then the unabridged birth certificate should be accompanied by a consent form of the absent parent/s.
- It is specifically noted that the Company cannot be held responsible for: Denial of the Client’s visa application for any reason; Denial of entry into any country for whatsoever reason; Delay of issuance of the Client’s visa by the relevant Consulate or High Commission; Loss of the Client’s passport(s) by the consular offices and/or courier; Change in visa costs and requirements; Financial losses incurred as a result of a visa application being denied; Passport application delays; Incorrect issuance of a passport or visa.
- The Client acknowledges that all the Company’s Suppliers and/or Service Providers have different terms and conditions relating to cancellation and refunds and the Company shall not be responsible for the forfeiture of any deposits, costs or charges paid or due to Principals/Suppliers or other third party suppliers.
- The Client further acknowledges that the policies and terms and conditions of Bookings, deposits or payments also vary according to the types of fares and the cancellation notice periods afforded by such Suppliers to the Client having regard to the actual cancellation notice period given by the Client. The onus of timeously notifying Principals/Suppliers of required cancellations in accordance with those terms and conditions shall remain exclusively with the Client. The Client acknowledges that some tickets are non-refundable (irrespective of circumstances), whilst others may require significant notice periods, and furthermore these terms and conditions may vary with large group or block bookings. Any failure to cancel any booking will result in a total booking cost remaining payable by the Client.
- Additionally, the Company shall have the right to cancel any contract should its fulfilment be rendered impossible, impeded or frustrated by strike, lock-out, civil commotion, war, act of God, force majeure, lack of materials, operation of law or regulations or order made by any statutory or other duly constituted authorities or any other cause beyond the control of the Company.
- Non-Refundable Tickets: Certain tickets are completely non-refundable according to airline rules and various other third party’s terms and conditions. Cancellations for any reason whatsoever, including medical reasons, death, terrorism, strikes, wars, acts of nature, an airline’s default or government travel warnings will not entitle the Client to any refund in the case of non-refundable tickets nor of waiving the cancellation penalties in the case that the tickets can be refunded.
- Insurance: Trip cancellation and interruption insurance is therefore highly recommended. For the best coverage, travel insurance should be purchased at the same time as the airline tickets.
- Refund Policy
- The Company shall not be required to refund the Client until such time as it has been refunded, if at all, by Suppliers or any other third party service provider.
- Loyalty Programmes
- The Company shall not be responsible for any failure to obtain the benefit of a Loyalty Programme on the Client/Traveller’s behalf; it shall be the sole responsibility of the Client and/or Traveller to ensure that the requirements of such Loyalty Programmes are adhered to and that the relevant Loyalty Programme operator is duly notified.
- The Client indemnifies the Company against any and all claims by any third party of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising in respect of any failure to procure rewards or benefits from any Loyalty Programme.
- Foreign exchange
- This may be purchased up to 60 (sixty) days prior to departure. Foreign exchange regulation compliance is the Client’s exclusive duty.
- In compliance with all South African protection of personal information (POPI) or data privacy legislation that will be applicable, the Traveller and/or Client (on behalf of the Traveller – duly authorised thereto) hereby acknowledges and provides my/their consent and authorises the Company to process, share (with any third party Suppliers that are rendering travel services as selected by Client) and stores all my/their personal information (including but not limited to personal identification number), as uploaded and supplied on Rennies Travel Experiences for the sole purpose of rendering the service.
- Although the Company will endeavour to maintain the confidentiality of such information, once distributed to third parties, the confidentiality can no longer be guaranteed by the Company and the Company accepts no liability in terms hereof on behalf of any third parties.
- The Client acknowledges that it may become possessed of Confidential Information proprietary to the Company, such as, without limiting the generality of the afore-going, rates, service fees and contractual arrangements with Suppliers. The Client undertakes to maintain the confidentiality of such information and not to disclose or distribute such information to third parties without the Company’s prior written consent, acknowledging that a breach of the undertaking could result in the Company suffering damages.
- Departure Tax or tourism levies or selected country taxes or charges
- Certain destinations may require any of the above charges which are payable in cash locally upon departure. These costs are not included in the prices quoted.
- The above charges or departure taxes are subject to change without notification and it is not always possible for the Company to inform the Client and/or Traveller in advance. Furthermore, the currency in terms of which such taxes may be payable is also subject to change and it is the Client/Traveller’s responsibility to ascertain the amounts and currency requirements prior to departure.
- Rennies Travel Experiences
- Bookings made through Rennies Travel Experiences are the sole responsibility of the Client utilising such facilities. The Company will not be held responsible for any errors made by the Client with respect of such Bookings, nor for any cancellations, refunds or service breakdowns to the facilities whatsoever.
- Whilst the Company will endeavour to facilitate the ongoing availability of Rennies Travel Experiences, it cannot guarantee 100% availability on a 24 hour basis, 7 days a week. The Company shall, where possible, provide the Client prior notice of scheduled maintenance, which maintenance shall be scheduled for the most convenient time to minimise inconvenience to the Client/ Traveller.
- The Company shall have the right to take whatever action it deems appropriate in order to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of the Rennies Travel Experiences connections.
- Interpretation, law applicable and jurisdiction
- Words implying the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, words importing one gender shall include any other and reference to natural persons shall include legal entities and vice versa.
- The rule of construction in terms of which any ambiguity in the interpretation of these terms and conditions shall be interpreted against the Party responsible for the drafting of same shall not apply.
- This agreement is governed by South African Law. The Parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction of the appropriate Magistrate’s Court in regard to any action and/or proceedings based on/or arising from these Terms and Conditions.
- This document reflects the only and full agreement between the Client and the Company and there exist no other terms, conditions, warranties, representations, guarantees, promises, undertaking or inducements of any nature whatsoever (whether verbal, written or electronic) regulating the relationship. The Client acknowledges that he/she has not relied on any matter or thing stated on behalf of the Company or otherwise that is not included herein. No variation and/or extension thereof shall be valid unless agreed to by the Parties in writing. In the event of a clash and/or uncertainty in meaning and/or interpretation between this and any other document issued by the Company, this document will always have preference. The Client will be liable for all legal fees on an attorney and own client scale in the event that the Company has to engage a lawyer to enforce or defend any of its rights or otherwise.
- Any dispute, difference or question which may arise at any time hereafter between the Parties touching the true construction of the terms and conditions or the rights and liabilities of the Parties hereto shall, unless otherwise herein expressly provided, be referred to the decision of a single arbitrator to be agreed upon between the Parties, or, in default of terms and conditions for 14 (fourteen) days, to the appointed arbitrator at the request of either Party in accordance with, and subject to, the expedited rules of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa, which order shall be binding on the Parties.
- The Client/Traveller is required to check the Principal/Supplier’s baggage conditions in order to ascertain their free baggage allowance and excess baggage costs.
- In addition to the afore-going, the Client/Traveller is required to familiarise themselves with unacceptable baggage items in terms of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) technical instructions as well as the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations – refer to www.iata.org-bags for information and links. For safety reasons, dangerous articles must not be packed in checked or cabin baggage. Restricted articles include but are not limited to, compressed gasses, corrosives, explosives, flammable liquids, oxidising materials, poisons, and infectious substances.
- Generally speaking, air travel passengers are allowed 1 (one) piece of hand luggage with specified weight and size requirements. These requirements are indicated on ticket confirmations and on the airline website. Additional weight and size may require the passenger to check such baggage in as checked baggage which may incur increased charges.
- All discount vouchers issued by the Company can be redeemed at www.renniestravel.com or by contacting one of our Travel Experts at CustomerSupport@renniestravel.com. All vouchers are only valid for the period as stated at time of issuing. Unless otherwise specified on the voucher, the vouchers may only be redeemed for the following services on the website: flights, accommodation with Lots of Hotels, sightseeing and transfers. For all other services the travel team, subject to certain fees, can assist. Vouchers may only be redeemed once and the recipient of the voucher accepts all responsibility for the safekeeping of the voucher and the Company accepts no responsibility for fraudulent transactions that may occur. Rennies Travel’s Terms and Conditions apply to all vouchers. Vouchers are not transferable, negotiable nor may they be exchanged for cash or any other monetary product. Use of the voucher is deemed an unconditional acceptance of the holder of these terms and conditions, without any exclusion or exception.
- Responsibility/ release and assumption of risk
- “I understand and am aware that during the trip in which I will participate under the arrangements of the Company and its agents, associates, affiliated companies, or subcontractors, certain risks and dangers may arise, including but not limited to the hazards of travelling in unsafe areas or under unsafe conditions, the hazards of travelling in politically unstable areas, the dangers of civil disturbance and war, the forces of nature, the negligent or reckless acts or omissions of, and/or the bankruptcy, insolvency or cessation of services by, the Company’s affiliated companies, airliners, other third parties or subcontractors. In consideration of, and as part of the payment for, the right to participate in such air itineraries, I have and do hereby expressly assume all of the above risks.
- The terms of this agreement shall serve as a release and express assumption of risk for myself, my heirs, assignees, administrators, executors, and all members of my family, including any minors accompanying me.
- I have read and fully understand the provisions and the legal consequences of this release and Assumption of Risk, and I hereby agree to all its conditions, especially noting and agreeing to the portion of this provision that releases the Company and its agents, employees, officers, directors, associates, affiliated companies, and subcontractors, to the extent permitted by law, from liability for the negligent or reckless acts or omissions of the Company’s affiliated companies, airlines and subcontractors.”
- I accept full responsibility for notifying and bringing all of the above contents to the attention of all other persons on whose behalf the booking has been made, and I accordingly indemnify the Company against any claims made by any or all other Travellers.”