Shamwari Explorer Camp
This unique walking experience is an adventurous and authentic option for guests who are looking for a back to basics safari experience. With the Shamwari Private Game Reserve providing the pefect ambience of a tented bush camp this is truly magical setting. The camp is located on a plateau set amongst the only basalt and granite extrusions on Shamwari.
This is a flexible experience for guests wanting to explore Shamwari in a more rustic environment.
This explorer camp reflects the original safari of being on foot and sleeping around the fire at night within the comfort of a bush tent.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Rates listed are based on a set 2 night stay: Tuesday & Wednesday OR Friday & Saturday ( optional 3rd night Sunday)
- Rates quoted are only applicable to SA Residents only. Special Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Arrival is recommended for 12h00 at the Welcome Lounge.
- Shamwari Explorer Camp is sold as a two night walking trail package.
- The Explorer Camp is operational from October to May annually.
- The walking trails are hosted and guided by armed qualified walking guide.
- Distances walked vary each day but can last up to 4 hours.
- A game viewing vehicle remains in camp and will be utilized depending on where guests walk that day, the trail may start from camp or depart camp by vehicle to visit another area of the reserve.
- Participants over the age of 65 years will be required to provide a medical clearance certificate in order to participate.
- Pregnant women are not permitted on walking safaris.
- Rates exclude a guest conservation levy of R 100 per person per night (subject to change). This must be settled at the lodge upon departure.
- No persons younger than 16 years will be able to participate.