Phinda Rock Lodge lies within the 23 000 hectare (56 800 acre) & Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve, in the Maputaland region of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. To the east of Phinda is the iSimangaliso / Greater St Lucia Wetland Park, is a World Heritage Site. To the west of Phinda are the white-fringed beaches of the Indian Ocean only 30kms (19 miles) away. This private game reserve was formed about 10 years ago along the borders of the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park – one of Africa’s most ecologically diverse regions. Farmland was restored back to its natural habitats and stocked with big game animals. Seven different eco systems exist on the reserve including forest and coastal, and its variety renders it perfect for an escape of luxury and adventure. Conservation Corporation Africa has built four private lodges in the reserve, each in its own environment with differing qualities. This venture not only supports animals but also improves employment, education and health facilities in the local communities. You can catch a glimpse of Zulu life, past and present by visiting a traditional cultural village aligned to the Phinda reserve.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency (SADC ID, work permit or endorsed passport) may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates are applicable to SA Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates include Emergency medical evacuation insurance.
- Rates exclude the Munyawana Conservation Fee of R 165 per person per night & a Bed Levy of R 5.70 per person per night. Subject to change and must be pre-paid upon booking.
- Landing fees for all private charter flights are available on request.
- No children under 12 years.
- Children aged 12 years and over pay the full applicable adult rates.