Situated in a prime location in the gorgeous Sabi Sand Reserve, adjacent to the famed Kruger National Park, the enchanting Arathusa Safari Lodge offers visitors a piece of paradise. The name of the lodge comes from the North Sotho word “reathusa”, meaning “we are helping”. Home to an assortment of wildlife that includes the “Big Five”, this pristine wilderness sanctuary is a sough-after destination for those looking to experience a true taste of the African bush. The nine thatched-roof standard rooms, together with four luxury suites, form the warm, comfortable and intimate camp that is built on the banks of a large watering hole. The rooms have classic interiors and use only natural fabrics, making them the perfect combination of simplicity and understated elegance.
The position of the camp makes for interesting game and bird viewing, and provides the perfect opportunity for nature enthusiasts to get up close and personal with the beautiful surrounds. Guests need never actually leave the intimate camp to catch a glimpse of the animals that roam the well-preserved landscape. Open air game drives are available daily though for those times when guests wish to venture out. Close encounters are almost always guaranteed but for the closest of encounters, bush walks can be arranged. All bush explorations are led by experienced guides who ensure your safety and are happy to share their deep knowledge of the wilderness with their groups. In between revelling in the beauty of the space, guests can indulge in a rejuvenating spa treatment courtesy of the Arathusa Safari Spa. The lodge offers affordability, warm hospitality and comfort for those wishing to have an authentic African safari experience. Its open and airy layout along with its use of natural materials, allow it to blend harmoniously with the bush. Arathusa Safari Lodge promises an incredible wilderness adventure, amazing photographic opportunities and an all-round authentic African bush experience.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Special discounted rates for International guests are available on request.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Prices are valid for SA Residents only. Special Discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Sabi Sand Gate entrance fee of R 310 per light vehicle / R 540 per heavy vehicle and R 140 per person applies, payable directly at the Gate. (Subject to change)
- A Conservation Contribution Fee will apply to each guest booked into any lodge within the Sabi Sand Reserve:
- R 151.80 per person per night, which will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- Children of 12 years and over are welcome at Arathusa Safari Lodge.
- Children 12 years and older will pay the full adult rate.